Nature Puzzle: Pond
A Common frog, backswimmer, an eel, and a trout, a leech, and a beetle, you can find them all about. A dragonfly, a damselfly, a mayfly and a pike, all love the water like a long hot summer hike! In the country or the jungle, a park or the farm, you will find all of these insects flying or swimming at the pond!
What will you find on your nature trail at the pond? This green and leafy nature pond puzzle features 24 curved edged pieces around the frame consisting of various flowers, insects, birds, and animals and the names of each one. In the centre of the puzzle, you will find the illustration of two children playing at the pond, trying to see what they can find. This central puzzle has 24 interlocking style pieces, which are easy for younger children to manage, encouraging good hand and eye coordination skills.
The puzzle comes complete with 48 larger pieces and is best suited towards slightly younger children.
Made in Norway from 100% recycled board.
Size: 36.5cm x 28.5cm
Why choose Larsen puzzles?
Larsen have been making puzzles from their base in Norway for over 60 years and wanted to create a high quality product that was both fun to play with and educational at the same time. The small Norwegian company make all their puzzles with a frame and permanent tray, and extra solid pieces.
- The youngest children develop their motor skills with interesting shaped puzzle-pieces they will remember
- Older kids play and learn about many interesting themes
- Self-checking pieces encourage the children and help them to concentrate
- Extra thick and solid pieces
- Made in Europe from 100% recycled board
- Lots of thought and consideration goes into every puzzle design
- Larsen use hundreds of specially made cutting tools to make their great range of fun and educational puzzles, many custom made for a specific puzzle
It is important for the youngest to have puzzles with pieces of different shapes, not the traditional puzzle pieces that most manufacturers offer. When we make the puzzles, we cut so deep that you can see the shapes of the pieces in the tray below. When playing with our puzzles, the children will look for pieces with the right shapes rather than looking at the picture.
Many of our puzzle pieces are shaped like animals and other figures. This makes the puzzles a bit easier for the children, and they find it fun to recognise the shapes.