Over the years and throughout history, our climate has changed. The greenhouse effect is a natural process that warms the Earth’s surface. When the Sun’s energy reaches the Earth’s atmosphere, some of it is reflected back to space and the rest is absorbed and re-radiated by greenhouse gases. This is demonstrated in the illustration within this puzzle. You will learn all about the atmosphere, carbon dioxide from cars and other forms of transport, and the needs of the plants. The puzzle displays how solar heat is being trapped and returned to the earth by the greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere. It shows how animals need plants to eat and breathe. Without sunlight, the plants will not grow and therefore will result in no reproduction of humans or animals, as the plants release oxygen for us all to breathe.
The puzzle comes complete with 69 custom-cut pieces and is best suited for slightly older children learning about our climate.
Made in Norway from 100% recycled board.
Size: 36.5cm x 28.5cm
Why choose Larsen puzzles?
Larsen have been making puzzles from their base in Norway for over 60 years and wanted to create a high quality product that was both fun to play with and educational at the same time. The small Norwegian company make all their puzzles with a frame and permanent tray, and extra solid pieces.
- The youngest children develop their motor skills with interesting shaped puzzle-pieces they will remember
- Older kids play and learn about many interesting themes
- Self-checking pieces encourage the children and help them to concentrate
- Extra thick and solid pieces
- Made in Europe from 100% recycled board
- Lots of thought and consideration goes into every puzzle design
- Larsen use hundreds of specially made cutting tools to make their great range of fun and educational puzzles, many custom made for a specific puzzle
It is important for the youngest to have puzzles with pieces of different shapes, not the traditional puzzle pieces that most manufacturers offer. When we make the puzzles, we cut so deep that you can see the shapes of the pieces in the tray below. When playing with our puzzles, the children will look for pieces with the right shapes rather than looking at the picture.
Many of our puzzle pieces are shaped like animals and other figures. This makes the puzzles a bit easier for the children, and they find it fun to recognise the shapes.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.