The Folding Hump Pikler-inspired climbing frame
The Folding Hump can be used as an aid for learning to sit, crawl, stand, cruise and climb! It is designed to be the next step from the Wee’un in regards to development. Having all rungs and no slats means children have to learn about how and where to place their body weight when using it.
This new upgraded design can also be folded up to make storage much easier! It's the first of its type ANYWHERE in the world on sale (as far as we can find!). The Folding Hump is fully self-supporting, this means the knobs are only there to stop it being fold back up. It will support full weight without them.
It can still be used on its side for play as a counter and so on due to knobs and bolts being located on the inside. It can also be flipped over and used as a rocker too! The Folding Hump works with all the other Sawdust & Rainbows family of accessories: Slide and Ladder etc.
Did you know... you can add this item to one of our PuzzleBug Payment Plans and pay in instalments?
- Handmade at home by a husband and wife team in rural Northern Ireland
- Can be used outside, just not left there
- Can be used from birth to 50kg.
- Tested to exceed the European and British standards EN71-1 EN71-2 EN71-3 EN71-8
- Dimensions: 99cm x 52cm x 48cm high when set up. Folded it is 42cm x 64cm x 52.4cm
- Ships in a box a 1/3 of the original Hump thus reducing packaging and our carbon foot print from carriage.
- Ships in three parts requiring some assembly
- Made from FSC engineered birch plywood and engineered FSC redwood dowels.
- We make our own colours so sometimes they do vary batch to batch